Cupping therapy or ventosa massage may not be the most popular type of massage in spa centers and for a massage home service. In fact, most clients who request it are the adventurous types. Because even with the many health benefits it provides, the techniques used in this type of massage can be quite intimidating. Thus, many save it for another, braver day and opt for the more common massage types like Swedish and Thai.
However, even if ventosa is a therapeutic body treatment, not all people should experience it. It can even be good if you are not brave enough to try it. You should always know the do’s and don’ts of every massage type and know which ones you can get and those you shouldn’t.
So, who is allowed to get a ventosa massage?
Cupping Therapy and Who Should Not Try It
Massage has always been an effective alternative to many medical treatments for specific health problems. The different massage types available provide therapeutic effects that can be used in conjunction to or as a replacement for certain medical procedures or drugs.
Specifically, ventosa massage benefits include the following:
- It reduces pain and inflammation.
- It helps relieve stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- It helps treat migraines and rheumatism.
- It loosens tense muscles and improves circulation.
- It helps clear congestion associated with respiratory conditions.
- It helps flush out toxins and impurities.
- It helps reduce cellulites, scars and wrinkles.
- It relaxes the body and mind.
These benefits make many people want to try it at places like the Happy Sauna Quezon City, but they are hesitant because of the procedures involved in cupping therapy.
However, before you subject yourself to this type of massage, you need to be aware of its contraindications and find out if you are qualified to get it.
- Who Should Not Get Cupping Therapy
– pregnant and menstruating women
– people with metastatic cancer
– people with bleeding problems
– people with edema
– people with bone fractures and/or muscle spasms
Don’t fret, though. Even if you can’t try ventosa massage just yet, there are many other massage types that you can enjoy and benefit from. Just check out Pamper Patrol Spa and find out which treatment is the best for you and have your massage therapist come at the perfect time for your home service.